The role of the school governor and governing bodies.
The role of a school governor is demanding but very rewarding and is a good way to give back to your local community. School governing bodies are responsible for working with the school to ensure that it delivers a good quality of education. Together with the headteacher, they set the school's aims and policies.
Governors have three main roles:
- To provide strategic direction for the school.
- To act as a critical friend to the headteacher.
- To ensure accountability.
They also carry out a number of other important duties, which include:
- Determining how the school's budget is spent.
- Setting and monitoring the school's aims and policies.
- The appointing and dismissing of staff.
- Hearing appeals and grievances.
- Forming policy on the school's curriculum and collective worship.
- Setting standards for pupils' behaviour and discipline.
- Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe.
For details of our Trust Governors, please follow the link provided below.
Leigh Beck Infant and Nursery Academy Governors
- Mrs Lane Executive Head Teacher Ex Officio
- Andre De Can Chair of Governors Term 8.10.2021 - 25.11.2023
- Jade Rogers Elected by school staff Term 01.09.2022 - 31.08.2025
- Mel Dearlove Director Appointed Governor Term 07.10.21 - 06.10.26
- Dionne Hodgkins Parent Governor Term 22.10.2021 - 22.10.2025
- Georgina Slater Parent Governor Term 1.09.2022 - 31.08.2025
- Richard John Appointed by Foundation/Trust Term 01.09.2022 - 31.08.2026