The role of the school governor and governing bodies.
The role of a school governor is demanding but very rewarding and is a good way to give back to your local community. School governing bodies are responsible for working with the school to ensure that it delivers a good quality of education. Together with the headteacher, they set the school's aims and policies.
Governors have three main roles:
- To provide strategic direction for the school.
- To act as a critical friend to the headteacher.
- To ensure accountability.
They also carry out a number of other important duties, which include:
- Determining how the school's budget is spent.
- Setting and monitoring the school's aims and policies.
- The appointing and dismissing of staff.
- Hearing appeals and grievances.
- Forming policy on the school's curriculum and collective worship.
- Setting standards for pupils' behaviour and discipline.
- Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe.
For details of our Trust Governors, please follow the link provided below.
Leigh Beck Infant and Nursery Academy Governors
Terms of Office 2.2.2017 - 2.2.2021
- Mrs Lane Executive Head Teacher Ex Officio
- Mrs Durrant Chair of Governors
- Mrs Smith Staff Governor
- Mrs Fowler Trust Governor
- Mrs Jan Thorne School Governor 04.10.18-
- Andre Decan Parent Governor
- Governor Vacancy