The role of the school governor and governing bodies.
The role of a school governor is demanding but very rewarding and is a good way to give back to your local community. School governing bodies are responsible for working with the school to ensure that it delivers a good quality of education. Together with the headteacher, they set the school's aims and policies.
Governors have three main roles:
- To provide strategic direction for the school.
- To act as a critical friend to the headteacher.
- To ensure accountability.
They also carry out a number of other important duties, which include:
- Determining how the school's budget is spent.
- Setting and monitoring the school's aims and policies.
- The appointing and dismissing of staff.
- Hearing appeals and grievances.
- Forming policy on the school's curriculum and collective worship.
- Setting standards for pupils' behaviour and discipline.
- Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe.
For details of our Trust Governors, please follow the link provided below.
Northwick Park Multi Academy Trust
Leigh Beck Infant and Nursery Academy Governors
- Mrs Lane Executive Head Teacher Ex Officio
- Andre De Can Chair of Governors Term 8.10.2021 - 25.11.2023
- Jade Rogers Elected by school staff Term 01.09.2022 - 31.08.2025
- Mel Dearlove Director Appointed Governor Term 07.10.21 - 06.10.26
- Dionne Hodgkins Parent Governor Term 22.10.2021 - 22.10.2025
- Georgina Slater Parent Governor Term 1.09.2022 - 31.08.2025
- Richard John Appointed by Foundation/Trust Term 01.09.2022 - 31.08.2026