Nursery & Little Bears Club
Leigh Beck Nursery opened over 25 years ago. The Nursery is staffed by a qualified teacher and nursery nurse, with an adult ratio of 13:1. It is run under the direct management of Northwick Park Primary Nursery Academy and a partnership with parents is seen as essential.
Terms and holidays are usually in line with the Primary Academy Trust.
Daily sessions are
8.30-11.30 (We offer 30 hour funded spaces until 3pm)
Nursery daily program
Everything at Leigh Beck Nursery is carefully planned to inspire children to enjoy learning.
8.30-9.00 – Flexible entrance time and free play.
9.00-9.30 – registration and teaching input.
9.30-10.45 – Discovery Play.
10.45-11.00 – Tidy up routine and story/song time
11.00-11.25 – Snack time
11.30 – Home time
30 Hour Extended Offer
We are able to offer places for extended hours for parents who are entitled to the extended funding (see the GOV.uk website or speak to Mrs Smith for more information). These hours can be taken between 8.30am – 3.30pm.
If a child is not entitled to the extended offer, parents are able to pay for afternoon sessions. This is charged at £3.50 per hour or part hour and is bookable with the nursery on a daily basis.
Our Nursery has:
Purpose built building with –
- Bright play areas and adjoining toilets
- A secure outdoor play area with soft play surfaces and large apparatus.
- A fully functioning kitchen for preparing snack and children’s cooking.
The settling in period is a very important time in Nursery for your child. We will try hard to make the transfer from home to Nursery a happy experience. Parents are welcome to bring their child into the room and spend as much time as necessary settling their child. Each child will be allocated a Key Worker within their first week who will be responsible for building a supportive relationship with your child and recording their achievements.
Bringing and collecting:
- All children must be accompanied to and from school by a responsible adult.
- It is important that children are dropped off and collected on time as they will become anxious if you are late.
- Please inform us in advance if there will be someone new collecting your child.