At Northwick Park Academy Trust, we aim to provide all pupils with rich and engaging musical learning that allows them to progress to the next stage of musical excellence. The children are given the opportunity to learn and play a range of instruments as well as studying a range of different genres of music. We provide an enjoyable, progressive and challenging music education programme for all children, allowing them to find their musical voice. At Leigh Beck, we offer a range of extracurricular activities for our gifted and talented musicians such as Rock band and Chamber Choir. Children across the school enjoy performing in numerous singing and musical performances throughout their time at Leigh Beck.
We aim to:
- Promote the place that music plays in good mental health and wellbeing.
- Develop the fundamental musical skills of performing, composing and listening and appraising, through interesting and varied activities.
- Develop an awareness and respect for music from different periods of time and other cultures.
- Develop musical self-esteem in all pupils, through positive reinforcement of achievements and abilities.
- Enable children to work collaboratively and as individuals, developing social skills and respect for one another.
- Provide opportunities for all children to sing and learn an instrument as a class.
- Provide opportunities to use music technology.
- Provide opportunities for individual music tuition by peripatetic teachers.
- Give all children varied and progressive performance opportunities and experiences.