Moral development is about giving children opportunities across the curriculum to explore and develop their own sense of morality and explore personal values such as their own rights and responsibilities, truth, justice, right and wrong and equality. Children will explore opportunities to show consideration and kindness, and to respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and opinions of others. Opportunities to understand the consequence of their behaviour and actions and to respect the civil and criminal law of England.
Moral Development at Leigh Beck Infant and Nursery Academy
- Taking responsibility through roles within class
- Embedding Class and School Rules
- Pupil voice – considering children’s views and opinions
- School Council
- PHSE lessons
- Ways to stay safe and healthy, including in the online world.
- Fundraising e.g. Macmillan, Comic Relief, Red Nose Day and local charity days
- Opportunities to explore wider moral issues
- Assemblies and Class Worship
- Links with the Community –e.g. Harvest and Foodbanks